The rest of the day was mostly spent scrapbooking.
An in-progress shot; took me a while to figure out how to finish it.
And a look at my very, very messy desk. I kept being torn between cleaning the mess up and getting some layouts done. (I chose the latter.) :)
Here's the first layout I finished.
And a close-up of the journaling.
I really like how this one turned out.
I also wrapped up another scrapbooking project and finally got started on my Project 365 for this year. (More on that in a separate post as well; hopefully in the next week or two.)
The rest of the weekend was pretty busy. Saturday morning my sister, Ada, and I went to Archiver's to check out the Basic Grey showcase they were having; basically they put some of the new stuff out on the counter. They didn't even have any samples layouts or cards...nothing. And the sneak peek at the two new lines that will be coming out soon consisted of a 2'x2' poster. I have to say I was pretty disappointed after they'd been advertising it like crazy. Fortunately the two new lines are really cute. :) I'm especially loving the Green at Heart collection:
It's definitely starting to feel like spring! :)
We also stopped at one of the shops downtown on the way home where I picked up a great chair for my craft room that I had been eyeing when I was there on Thursday, and it was a steal at only $8.50! (The others I've seen, including the other three they had there are all marked at $20 or more.) I'll have to post a pic later this week.
Saturday night we met up with friends for a surprise birthday party at Chin's Kitchen in St. Paul. The food was fabulous. They had the biggest egg rolls I've ever seen, and the fried rice was sooo good.
Then today Ada hung out with my sister while Chris and I went to Mitch and Katie's for a Sealab marathon...and pigged out on way too much junk food.
That's all for now. Hope everyone had a great weekend!


so did Ada have Lucky Charms? not even the plain ones??
ReplyDelete