Saturday morning we headed out to the Farmer's Market. I love the first trip in early spring when it's not too crowded, it's not too hot, and the first fresh fruits and vegetables of the season have been harvested; such a wonderful sight after a long winter.
So excited to finally stock back up on Farmer Bob's delicious meat and eggs (turns out I'm not the only one who loves Bob). :) And of course we purchased some of that beautiful asparagus and rhubarb.
Then it was off to the Living Green Expo. And to my delight, when we got to the fairgrounds I saw it also happened to be Craftstravaganza day!
I couldn't resist heading to the crafty stuff first! So many wonderful handmade products for sale. My mind was buzzing by the time we left, my hands itching to sew! Some of my favorite finds included:
Super cute mushroom houses by Happy Go Lucky Creations
my little dear
sheppard girls
charlieandsarah, especially the wellies tee - LOVE it
I somehow made it out with only one purchase, but I really think Ada needs a wellies tee, don't you? :)
Not much new to report on the Living Green Expo; the highlight was picking up my new beautiful "Reef Blue" klean kanteen. I love it.
To top off the day, we stopped at a (new to me) fabric store before heading home - Treadle Yard Goods. Their focus is on apparel fabric, and they have a nice selection of organic fabrics, including organic terry cloth. There's also a great collection of buttons and trims, and they carry oliver + s patterns. Needless to say, I'll be going back next time I'm in the neighborhood.
By then Ada and I were exhausted so we headed home after a quick stop at Grandma's house. One of us had a nice long nap in the car. :)
my little dear
sheppard girls
charlieandsarah, especially the wellies tee - LOVE it
I somehow made it out with only one purchase, but I really think Ada needs a wellies tee, don't you? :)
Not much new to report on the Living Green Expo; the highlight was picking up my new beautiful "Reef Blue" klean kanteen. I love it.
To top off the day, we stopped at a (new to me) fabric store before heading home - Treadle Yard Goods. Their focus is on apparel fabric, and they have a nice selection of organic fabrics, including organic terry cloth. There's also a great collection of buttons and trims, and they carry oliver + s patterns. Needless to say, I'll be going back next time I'm in the neighborhood.
By then Ada and I were exhausted so we headed home after a quick stop at Grandma's house. One of us had a nice long nap in the car. :)


fun seeing the mentioned websites...
ReplyDelete