Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Frenzy

Thanks to my wonderful husband spending lots of time outdoors with the sweeper this year, I'm spending a lot less time on this:

And more on this:
Finishing up quilting a children's charity quilt.


Making Ada a winter blankie; this one happens to be a QT Cuddler.  Talk about EASY; I seriously think this may be the first project of my life that I purchased, started, and COMPLETED the same day.  There were a couple straight edges to the fabrics before I started, but honestly I didn't even finish squaring up the two fabrics together; they were slightly different sizes, but it mattered not.  I just pinned, sewed, turned right side out, closed the hole, topstitched and then wrapped it around Ada, gave her a snuggle and taught her to say "snowman".


We had a great Modern Quilt Guild meeting this month, focusing on applique.  I went over both machine and hand applique techniques, doing demos for both, and then we had a leaf applique challenge.  Pillows were started, quilt tops were completed, and there was a little cowboy costume making thrown into the mix as seen above. :)

I'm also finishing up Ada's Halloween costume; she's been putting on various pieces each day for the last few days and running around the house, so I have hope that she'll stay all dressed up for a while when we put the whole thing on on Halloween.  Here's a little preview of part of the head gear she was modeling tonight:


All that and progress on the craft room remodel as well.  This... 
and the rest of my fabric is now all neatly organized in the closet.  Can't wait to share some pics once I get the rest of the room put back together after all this sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could learn words as quickly as Ada...or remember the ones I used to know

    ReplyDelete