Tonight is a somewhat sad and nostalgic night at our house as we say goodbye to my old Taurus, handed down to us from Ed and Bea. The company we donated it to is coming to tow it away tomorrow. This car has been with us for just over 4 years, and has taken us on many travels. Lights would come on on the dashboard, and the radio kept having to be turned up higher to drown out the worsening noises, but even then the car still got us down to Branson, MO and north to Canada this summer. One of the back windows no longer worked, the lock would get stuck on the other back door, and the Canadian border workers seemed to suspect we might be smuggling something behind the door panel that kept coming loose. But through it all we stuck together until it just couldn't go anymore. So now it is out in the cold waiting to be taken away.
I wouldn't say it was the prettiest car, and I'm sure I didn't look very cool cruising down the highway in it. It wasn't quite the dream car I pictured myself in at 21, but we got used to each other. And it was always there when I needed it, helping us move twice, and hauling dirt and plants and vegetables all over town each summer.
We will miss it.
mom & dad would be so happy the car served you well....but did it still smell like bananas
ReplyDelete