We have finally taken action on finding a midwife. I talked with two midwives tonight and we now have an appointment to go meet with one of them next week. I'm so excited at the prospect of finding a midwife that we like and feel comfortable with. I'm also very excited and hopeful that my plan of giving birth at home will really happen. Both were encouraging about talking to several midwives and finding the right fit, and were much less concerned about having to drive way out here for the delivery, which was definitely a relief for me. I have the names of a couple of other midwives that I'm hoping to talk to in the next few days, so hopefully we'll have an update on the midwife front in the next week or so.
In other news, Baby is becoming more active each day it seems. A couple weeks ago I thought maybe we'd end up with a calm baby that takes more after Chris, but after the way the kicking has taken off in the last week I'm starting to wonder if this baby's going to turn out to be a bit more feisty... That old saying about your child turning out just like you has been running through my head the last few days; just in case, I'm preparing for battle. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I wanted a home delivery as Chris's birth was very technological by those days standards. He had electrodes placed on his head during labor. Then after he was born he was in an isolette and was three days old before I held him. He and I were hospitalized for a week and one of my first days home I took a daytime nap and dreamed he fell inside the walls behind the sheetrock. Explains a lot, huh Chris.
ReplyDeleteOh by the way it was the next child, Sarah, that got the home birth because of our previous experience....
ReplyDeleteI'd wondered what the history was behind the two different birthing approaches. Now, thanks to the Internet, I know.
ReplyDeleteThere are some benefits to being second in line :)
ReplyDeletenow it all bcomes clear concerning nephew and niece. wow, behind the drywall, too bad Chris. Joe
ReplyDelete