Sorry for the long absence. Definitely not due to a lack of things to talk about! I'll be trying to catch up over the next several days, so keep checking in to see what's new.
Most of my delay has been due to my new computer NOT being here. I ordered a new laptop from Dell over a month ago; shipping has been delayed 3 times due to an apparent shortage of parts, and last night we finally canceled the order. I have been really disappointed by this, as Dell is no longer offering the computer I wanted with the Ubuntu (Linux) operating system; so my options are to get the same computer, but pay for Windows, which I don't want (and wait another 2 months for it to be delivered?), or if I stick with Ubuntu I can get a different style with a smaller screen for the same price, or spend a lot more money for a different style of laptop with the same size screen. All very frustrating; giving my money to Apple is sounding more and more appealing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Do it! Give your money to Apple. :) I am a little biased... I will stop pushing it, I promise.
ReplyDeleteThat whole deal is weird. I am sorry that happened. I know how hard it can be to wait for something that you really, really want.
Chris will not believe I'm saying this....but if I could afford one right now, I'd get a Mac.
ReplyDeleteThey're doing some amazing things with graphics/video/sound and the operating system is so very clean. Problem is you still need access to a PC for a lot of business-type software. Or to communicate with most of the rest of the world.
But then again, there was a time when I owned 2 Sony Betamax VCR's, too.......
I've got a lot of respect for Apple. They have a clarity of vision that's unique in the industry. It's not just that they do unified design better than anybody else--I don't think anybody else is even trying.
ReplyDelete