So I thought this post would be all about last night's quilt guild meeting.
About how we each participated in an improvisational challenge and took 5 small strips of fabric:
And turned them into these amazing blocks in just over an hour:
(Mine's the beach-themed one; the seams are kinda wavy on purpose - part of that whole beach thing - but I couldn't get it to iron flat. No matter; I love it.)
And then there's this small package of fabric:
It totally doesn't match my holiday decor, but that's why I picked it. Because I know I'll be able to just play with these and come up with something fun for the Holiday Challenge, no stress.
But then we came home with this small bundle tonight:
And Ada went crazy with joy at having her own "kitty..puppy..baby..SCREAM!" in her own house.
The lightest gray kitten I've ever seen, with dark ears, a dark tail, and dark gray on the backs of its legs. And let's not forget those pale blue eyes.
After a couple hours of non-stop running and play (this thing is more work than a baby!), it finally settled down for a nap on the laptop:
The jury's still out on whether it's a boy or a girl, so no name yet.
So how did we end up with this cute little kitten? It all started with an impromptu visit to the Humane Society last Friday night to let Ada look at the kitties and puppies. We weren't really looking with an intent to buy, just keeping our eyes open, but the visit triggered the mention of a free kitty this morning by our daycare lady - a friend of hers had one free kitten left. So we stopped by just to take a look...and we couldn't leave this sweet little kitty behind.
So I guess it's true...good things do come in small packages. :)


Vet verdict: male cat.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the addition to your household!
ReplyDeleteMom & Dad K.
What a cute kitten!!
ReplyDeleteWhen we were talking about clothing patterns last night, I should have mentioned that O+S is having a 20% off sale right now. I think that it is about halfway through a 2 week sale! I think that I might be forced to purchase something...
http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2010/07/summer-sale.html